Finally getting around to the exhaust. There is really no room in the back of the cart to put the muffler, so it was just a matter of where it would go up front.
Using 1″ black pipe. That should help keep things quiet and last a while.
This was going to work out to be the best location:
Since I like to overbuild things, this is all made from 3/16″ steel plate:
Sandblasted, ready for paint:
Some 2″ black pipe and 3/16″ two inch angle iron:
Turns into these two pieces that are ready for painting:
Then the bottom clamps:
Ready for painting:
How these fit to the engine cradle:
I bought the gas G29 for $500 and the electric G29 for $80. I sold the engine for $350 and just sold the gas rear end for $300.
The person was having a boat delivered from Georgia to Minnesota and arranged to have a stop made at the house.
I didn’t get as much for the rear end as I was hoping, but it was worth it not having to deal with trying to ship the unit.
In stripping the gas cart down to the frame, I found this crack in the plastic floor pan in the well that the brake/gas pedal assembly bolt to:
The $80 electric parts cart is getting to be a better deal as time goes on. The plastic floor pan from the electric cart fits the gas frame just fine – all the bolt holes line up.
All I will need to do is cut out the center section where the batteries would sit to make room for the gas engine.