Harold Bawlzangya Racing

Hopefully the last of the stainless steel work

I finally got two projects that have been on the back burner for a while done.  With those completed, all I have are stainless steel scraps and am just about out of gas.

The first project was making a shroud to better direct the airflow from the fan around and down the cooling fins.  I spent way more time than I thought it would take on this.  It isn’t pretty, but it works really well.  I tired to make the cover fit tight in areas I didn’t want air to escape from.  With the engine running, the air from the fan will blow off leaves off the ground directly under the engine.  Forcing that hot air down, instead of just the area under the seat should help cool things off.

This project went way faster than I expected. I’ve been meaning to cover up with mangled hole where I had to make the electric body fit the gas frame.

Luckily I had one piece of stainless that was just big enough to cover it.  I tapped the 4 holes so I could just thread in 4 SS bolts.

It is kind of hard to tell, but the cut end of each bolt is sitting below the surface of the plate.  That way I can weld them together but grind off the excess.

All done:

 

 

Advertisements

Comments are closed.