Harold Bawlzangya Racing

Viton is good stuff

I used a sheet of Viton to make some gaskets for the new valve cover.  The first one was just a washer that fits under the acorn not on top of the cover:

I had problems with the valve cover gasket leaking.  At first I was using a cheap Chinese copy of a gasket and after a few attempts I gave up on it.  I then used the gasket that came with the Lifan engine.  I had no leaking problems with the stock cover, so I thought this would take care of it.  But this one leaked as well.

So breaking on the Viton sheet again I made a new gasket.  No leaking so far:

Advertisements

Comments are closed.