Harold Bawlzangya Racing

Case modification version 2.0

I’m going to try a different approach to modifying the cases to make the crank seals serviceable without having to split the cases.  This is how I did it with version 1.0.

Doing the clutch side first:

ClutchSideSealLipRemoval (2)

(click picture to enlarge)

Removed about 1/2 of the retaining lip:

ClutchSideSealLipRemoval (3)

(click picture to enlarge)

Lip is completely removed:

ClutchSideSealLipRemoval (5)

(click picture to enlarge)

Lip remnants:

ClutchSideSealLipRemoval (4)

(click picture to enlarge)

I put a nice little bevel on the edge to make it easier to get the rubber part of the crank seal started:

SealBevel

(click picture to enlarge)

Flywheel side next.  This is how things looked with the seal installed with the lip:

CaseSealBefore (2)

(click picture to enlarge)

CaseSealBefore (1)

(click picture to enlarge)

Time to get started:

CaseMachining (4)

(click picture to enlarge)

CaseMachining (5)

(click picture to enlarge)

The next pass should do it:

CaseMachining (6)

(click picture to enlarge)

The right depth to get rid of the retaining lip:

CaseMachining (7)

(click picture to enlarge)

All gone:

CaseMachining (1)

(click picture to enlarge)

CaseMachining (2)

(click picture to enlarge)

Put a bevel around the edges:

CaseMachining (3)

(click picture to enlarge)

How the seal looks afterwards:

CaseSealAfter (2)

(click picture to enlarge)

CaseSealAfter (1)

(click picture to enlarge)

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s