Harold Bawlzangya Racing

Splitting the Rekluse EXP test engine

With the last EXP conversion shipped out, I thought I’d take a few minutes and split the engine I used to test fit the conversions on.   I think I used this on 15 conversions:

TestEngineSplit (2)

(click picture to enlarge)

So here we go, getting the flywheel off:

TestEngineSplit (3)

(click picture to enlarge)

TestEngineSplit (4)

(click picture to enlarge)

TestEngineSplit (5)

(click picture to enlarge)

Before you start trying to split the cases, double-check that you have removed 11 case bolts:

TestEngineSplit (6)

(click picture to enlarge)

As usual, a nice “pop” that makes you think you just broke something:

TestEngineSplit (7)

(click picture to enlarge)

One I get the “pop” and initial separation at the crank side of the cases, I start tapping the rear of the cases with a rubber mallet to get them separated.

TestEngineSplit (8)

(click picture to enlarge)

Separating and tapping a little at a time making sure gap stays consistent between the front and rear of the cases:

TestEngineSplit (9)

(click picture to enlarge)

Just about there:

TestEngineSplit (10)

(click picture to enlarge)

TestEngineSplit (11)

(click picture to enlarge)

Got lucky on this one that both crank bearings stayed in the cases.  Usually one stays on the crank.

TestEngineSplit (12)

(click picture to enlarge)

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s