Harold Bawlzangya Racing

Final air filter test

I realize that I am completely over the top on this, but after going through all the time, money and head-ache of the engine rebuild, I just had to do one more test.  Not only did this test the air filter (again), but I was really wanting to test the custom air boot – air box adapter I built a while ago:

DSC05559

(Click picture to enlarge)

So I broke out the high-tech strip of plastic and put the NASA grade grease on it like before:

Grease-Before

(Click picture to enlarge)

I got lucky again that the hose fit right in the air boot:

Testing Setup (1)

(Click picture to enlarge)

Filter-Before

(Click picture to enlarge)

I used the last of the mortar mix:

Final Air Filter Test (22)

(Click picture to enlarge)

Final Air Filter Test (21)

(Click picture to enlarge)

It was a little bit more difficult to squeeze my arm in there to mix up the mortar:

Testing Setup (2)

(Click picture to enlarge)

With the vacuum on, I spent about 5 minutes mixing up the mortar and got this:

Filter-After (2)

(Click picture to enlarge)

Filter-After (1)

(Click picture to enlarge)

And the moment of truth . . . . . . spotless!

Grease-After

(Click picture to enlarge)

All of this is going in the trash, my insanity has finally come to an end!

Trash

 (Click picture to enlarge)

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s